Herb Engstrom, Ph.D.
5974 Friar Way
San Jose CA 95129
- Professional resume
- Brief biography
- Political song: We Want President Obama Back Again A song written for the 2012 presidential election.
- On Race and Class. Many accept the premise that racial discrimination has kept some minorities in poverty. In fact the reverse is true: poverty leads to discrimination. To eliminate racial discrimination we must understand the source of the problem.
- Why Krugman is right about deficit spending and why Republican orthodoxy is wrong.
- Democrats and War. Too many Democrats don't understand military history, strategy, and tactics. They need to if informed decisions are to be made.
- Democrats try to regain in the language battle. Why "health care reform" should be called what it is, "health insurance reform."
- Al Gore: Energy Czar? We don't need "An Apollo program" to solve our energy needs; we need something even more ambitious.
- Forgotten Economics An essay on why a productive work force is essential to America's prosperity.
- Understanding exit poll calculations A somewhat technical discussion of how exit poll results compare with actual election results and how such things as margin of error are calculated. Requires Adobe Acrobat reader.
- The Speech Not Given The speech that should have been given at the 2009 Convention of the California Democratic Party.
- Taking Back Our Country. More about a winning Democratic strategy.
- Treasurer, Santa Clara County Democratic Club
- Treasurer, California Democratic Council
- Central Committee, Santa Clara County Democratic Party
- Malaysia VII Peace Corps
- Songbook Political and sectarian songs reprinted from 1964.
- Trip to Egypt and Jordan, January-February 2010
This page was last updated 2 February 2013